InTouch and DataTrak work together allowing you to send membership data from InTouch into DataTrak and vice versa.
How does it work?
Data from InTouch to DataTrak transfers (syncs) in real time.
Data from DataTrak to InTouch syncs every hour. There are several configuration options available depending on what type of data your club wants to sync. For each sync option enabled, our datasync job runs on each hour to update InTouch.
InTouch to DataTrak sync options (these options send data from InTouch to DataTrak):
- Create/Update Lead: Creates (or updates) a lead (prospect) in DataTrak when a lead is created (or updated) in InTouch. (Currently this option must always be enabled).
DataTrak to InTouch sync options (these options pull data from DataTrak to InTouch each hour):
- Insert/Update Lead: Creates (or updates) a lead in InTouch when a lead (prospect) is created (or updated) in DataTrak.
- Convert Lead to Member: When a sale is made in DataTrak, and a matching lead record is found in InTouch, this converts the InTouch lead to a member.
- Insert Member: When a sale is made in DataTrak, and no matching contact record is found in InTouch, this will add a sold lead (member) to InTouch. Optional addition: Filter out secondary members so only primary members are inserted.
- Convert Member to Former Member: When a membership agreement ends in DataTrak, and a matching current member record is found in InTouch, this will convert the InTouch member over to a Former Member
Additional Options & Notes
- When a contact is created in InTouch from DataTrak, the default Contact Method and Lead Source typically set is Import. If you would like to use something other than Import, please contact InTouch Support. (Clubs integrated prior to July 2019 may have different defaults).
- The Sales Person will not update the InTouch record during Prospect to Member conversion. The InTouch Lead Owner will remain as is.
- Records updated by a sync will show in the History as updated by Partner Service.
What type of data transfers?
The integration focuses on contacts; i.e. your leads and members. For each contact, the following data can sync:
InTouch Field Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- Mobile (maps to ABC Mobile Phone)
- Home Phone (maps to ABC Primary Phone)
- Work Phone
- Date of Birth
- Zip Code
- Lead Owner (Sales Person) (see Sync your staff below)
- Trial Start Date (Prospect Agreement Status Begin Date; syncs one-way only - InTouch to ABC)
- Trial End Date (Prospect Agreement Status Exp. Date; syncs one-way only - InTouch to ABC)
Staff and Lead Source Mapping
The DataTrak integration offers synchronization of staff by mapping accounts by email address
Sync your staff
Staff are linked between each system by email address. Each person will need a unique email address (i.e. they can't share a club email). That email address should be listed in their InTouch staff account and also their DataTrak staff account.
If your integration is already enabled, your final step should be to select Edit on the InTouch staff account and Save. Saving the staff account in InTouch will trigger a sync attempt with DataTrak.
How is sales data matched?
When a prospect is created in DataTrak, it creates a unique number called a GUID. This number is stored against the InTouch lead record and is the primary method used to match contacts between the two systems.
In the event that the GUID is not found in an InTouch record (e.g. MiCO sales), InTouch uses its Smart Match logic to find a match in InTouch. Smart Match will look for a match using the following criteria (in the following order) to determine a match:
- First Name, Last Name, Email and Mobile Number
- First Name, Last Name and Email
- First Name, Last Name and Mobile Number
- First Name, Email and Mobile Number
- First Name and Email
- First Name and Mobile Number
How to get started
- Contact InTouch Support with your name and your club name(s) for more detail on getting started. InTouch will send your club administrator a waiver to sign allowing the two companies/products to share data.
- InTouch will send the signed waiver to ABC. They will activate the integration on their end and confirm back to InTouch once complete.
- InTouch can then complete the integration to start data flow. Data will then sync moving forward; it does not sync retroactively.