When expiring a member, staff are prompted to select a membership cancellation reason. Clubs have the ability to view, edit, add and hide these cancellation reasons that appear in the dropdown. Be sure to also see our Best Practices on Former Member communications and the Legacy Live Report on Cancellation Reasons.
To access cancellation reasons
- Log into Drive
- Select Contact Properties from the Admin menu
- Select the Member Properties section
- Select the Club in which you'd like to view (Reason can viewed one club at a time, but you can edit/save to multiple)
Add a New Cancellation Reason
- Select New Cancellation Reason on the left hand side
- Enter in the Name as you want it to appear in the dropdown list for staff
- Enter a brief description (optional)
- The Sort Order number determines where in the list this reason will show up. All items with the same sort order number will appear in alphabetical order. The higher the number, the further down the list this reason will appear.
- Set the Status to 'Show' for staff to be able to see and select this as a reason
The 'Include former member in Former Member Communications' option allows you to decide whether a contact with this cancellation reason selected should be sent any emails or texts or scheduled for any call reminders in your Former Members Communications section.
- Select any additional clubs in which you would also like to add this reason
Edit or Delete a Cancellation Reason
- To edit a reason, find the listed reason and select the Edit button to make changes. Only reasons that can be changed will have an Edit button.
- To delete a reason, find the listed reason and select the Delete button. Only reasons that have no contacts associated with it can be deleted. If you don't want staff to be able to select this reason any more, select Edit and change the Status to Hide instead.
Former Member Communication
The 'Include former member in Former Member Communications' checkbox option found within the Edit modal of a Cancellation Reason allows you to decide whether a contact with this cancellation reason selected should be sent any emails or texts or scheduled for any call reminders in your Former Members Communications section. Eg, you may not want someone with a 'Past Due' or maybe a 'Deceased' reason to be sent former member emails.
Ideas for Cancellation Reasons
- Low Use
- PIF Contract Expired
- Lack of cleanliness
- Too Crowded
- Poor service
- Past Due Acct
- Not Specified
- Unknown: This is a system based source that is most often used when a member is cancelled through an integration club management system where cancellation reasons are not able to be mapped/synced.